HOLIDAY HOME TOUR

Thursday, December 9, 2021

 


How is it already December?! This time of year is always so busy, and I'm trying to force myself to slow down and enjoy all of the little moments that make the holidays so special. We've fully decked the halls around here and it feels SO magical! Twinkling lights, garlands, nutcrackers and ribbons - I thought it would be fun to share all of the little ways we've spread Christmas cheer throughout our home.

The Dining Nook




In the dining nook I got the chance to decorate with real garland for my first time ever! I got the garland from Costco and it was an amazing price, has an amazing smell, and just...looks amazing! I hooked some dried oranges in the corners, repotted a poinsettia in a vintage crock, and tossed some pine cones from the yard in a decorative bowl. A couple brass candle sticks, and of course some pillows from our shop on the floating window seat and the effect is *chef's kiss*!





I have been waiting all year for the chance to decorate our hutch-style built in with all of our Christmas knickknacks! Bottlebrush trees, flowers and berries, and my favorite - a handmade husk nativity I got when I lived in Uganda more than 10 years ago. The perfect shelfie is more than just pretty objects, it's a place to show and share mementos that really mean something. 







The Family Room

Speaking of meaningful decor, my dad has been collecting nutcrackers since I was a little girl. Each year the nutcracker is a new character. Different Santas from around the world, biblical characters, or characters from classical novels. We have a couple now and it's been fun to incorporate them into our decor!




I mean seriously how cute are they?!

The family room is where I put our our "traditional" looking Christmas tree. I like to keep it simple and classic - twinkling lights, dried oranges, and glass ball ornaments in red, gold, and silver. It's also where we put the ornaments we've collected throughout the years - one from our first year married, or our children's first Christmases, ornaments from travels, etc. Garland on the fireplace mantle and of course, pillows and throws from our shop that reflect the colors in the tree, and it's a room I never want to leave. 









The Loft

I didn't do much in the loft other than update the pillows and throws to this freaking gorgeous combo that feels wintery and Christmasy in a subtle and sophisticated way. 




The Basement

I remember last year at this time, I was deep in postpartum depression after the birth of our second son. Sometimes when I was nursing and my thoughts would start to take a dark turn, I would try to distract myself by daydreaming about having our basement renovation completed by next Christmas, and imagining what that would look and feel like. And now here we are, one year later, and that daydream has come to life and I'm still pinching myself. 






I decided to be more creative and whimsical with our tree in the basement (that my sister and BIL cut down for us in the mountains!). A single strand of bistro lights in lieu of traditional Christmas lights, and nothing but an assortment of silk and velvet ribbons tied in bows - I'm absolutely smitten! 




Here's to hoping the next few weeks move slowlyyyyy so we can soak up this magic. Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season!

xoxo,
Ally




 










 



 


1 comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.