PHASE ONE OF THE LOFT MINI MAKEOVER

Saturday, October 28, 2023

The loft is one of my favorite spots in our house. It's a small room, right off the landing, which makes it feel cozy and intimate. It's always flooded in light, making it the perfect place to curl up with a book. If you've been following along for any time at all, you've definitely seen plenty of images of the loft looking something like this: 



One of the very first projects we did after moving into this house was to add the picture ledge, painting the lower half Sherwin Williams Rookwood Shutter Green and the top half Sherwin Williams Creamy. The picture ledge has been SO fun, because it's allowed us to switch out art from our shop over and over, mixing and matching new pieces and new sizes to create a completely new vibe. 

And even though I was still in love with the paint colors I'd chosen, over the past year I started thinking it would be fun to try something new. Picking a paint color can feel VERY intimidating, but when it comes down to it, it's a very low risk way to make a BIG impact. 

I knew I wanted to go moody. I was thinking something chocolatey, mossy, taupey. And I'm happy to report that after testing out quite a few samples, I found THE perfect deep, taupe brown with mossy olive undertones. Say hello to Benjamin Moore Stampede: 





I loved the loft before but, WOW, I cannot believe how much more I love it with this fresh coat of paint! The room feels so elevated, and I can't wait to show you the other little updates I have planned next!

xoxo,
Ally






 





 

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.