PILLOW TALK: WHAT TO DO WITH THE WALLS?

Friday, February 26, 2021


If you've been following along for a while now, you know I'm gearing up to do a phase one renovation of our laundry room. It needs it desperately hah. Right now it's a disorganized, dingy mess of a space. I snapped a pic of it tonight to give you an idea of juuuust how bad it is (eek):


I cannot WAIT to give this space a little refresh! I've made most of my design decisions (such as my plans for the floor and cabinet color) and I'll share a mood board soon, but I have one last decision to make and it's an important one. What should I do with the walls?!

When I initially started pinning ideas, I found myself saving lots of ideas involving a limewash treatment on the walls. It's hard to argue with how beautiful it is:



I love the earthy, lived in, perfectly imperfect look of it. It has a definite Moroccan vibe and reminds me of wandering the streets of Marrakech. But as my plans evolved, I started thinking a cleaner, more traditional English cottage look with beadboard or vertical paneling would be beautiful as well! 




I guess now would be a good time to share that these are my two main inspiration photos I'm drawing from:


The first photo has more of the earthy, Moroccan vibe to it, and the second is more of the traditional English cottage look. If I were to do a limewash on the walls, I think the design would lean more towards the look of the first picture, whereas beadboard or vertical paneling will lean more towards the second picture. And I'm having the toughest time deciding which to do?! Which is your favorite? Weigh in below!


Xoxo,

Ally

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.