OFFICE PLANS + MOOD BOARD

Thursday, May 5, 2022

 


This is a verrrrry exciting post to be writing - our office renovation is about to begin! 

We have an office just off the master suite that is in dire need of a complete overhaul. It's a small space that gets a lot of use, and right now it is lacking...in every single way. Take a look (YIKES!):


Ugh just looking at this scene gives me hives, haha. It feels so crammed, unorganized, and dysfunctional. I've been dreaming up how we can make better use of the space and, of course, make it a little easier on the eyes as well!

After drawing up ideas and meeting with our contractor, we've got a plan set in motion and the custom cabinetry is starting this weekend. So I wanted to share the plans and the design mood board I've come up with! 


This angle shows the wall to the left when you walk into the room, where the Lifetime table is right now. The upper cabinetry will offer a lot of MUCH needed storage space for office and art supplies, books and more. The custom L-shaped walnut desk will give us double the current work space, which I'm so excited about!


This angle shows the view of the back wall with the window. One of the biggest issues right now for me is feeling like there are cords and electronic devices EVERYWHERE. A desktop computer, label printer, standard printer (which is currently on the floor!), internet router and modem- it's just too much! So I had the idea of having a lower cabinet with a pull out for our printer and internet router and modem so they can be out of sight when not in use. 

Now to the BEST part - the design side of things! Here's the mood board of where things are headed as of right now!


EEEK!!! Almost 2 years ago I had the idea of doing a deep rusty red, "scorched earth" color for the cabinetry inspired by this favorite pillow of mine from the shop:



The fact that I'm still just as excited about this idea 2 years later helps me know I'm making the right choice and I can't wait!! Paired with unlacquered brass hardware, it's going to look *chef's kiss*! Our electrician is installing this Marble Fluted Flush Mount tomorrow and it's stunning. I've been dying to get rid of the shutters in there and install a cafe curtain instead, and I'm thinking I'll use one of our exclusive Indian Block Print fabrics for it! Which fabric should I use?!

I am ALL about the gingham and checkered prints, and this Beige and Ivory Checkered rug adds the perfect pop of pattern and texture. And I'm not completely sure if this Spindle Back Chair is the one, but it sure is a cutie.


Alternatively, I'm considering this rug and chair combo...which would you go with? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,
Ally







  










No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.